Welcome to American University! Now that you are an AU Student, get to know the Library and find out how we can assist with your academic needs.
- The Library can help you save money: Borrow your General Education course textbooks, as well as other textbooks that cost over $150, for 3 hours from the Circulation and Course Reserves Desk on the first level. Find items on Electronic Reserve through the Blackboard page for your course. Learn more here.
- Use our Ask a Librarian services for help with your research: Visit our Research Assistance Desk on the 1st level for in-person assistance, email a research questions, or check out our FAQ’s. Can’t come in person? Submit your inquiry to our AskAULibrary chat online.
- Make an appointment with one of our subject specialists: Our subject specialists provide personalized research assistance in your subject area. We also have subject guides complied by our Librarians to further assist in finding resources for your research topics.
- Take advantage of the resources in our Research Commons: The Library connects campus services with students in a convenient location. We offer statistical software support, tutoring services, and more.
- Online Support: We offer support for students studying abroad as well as online learner including. View our catalog and databases online, make an Interlibrary Loan request, or stream videos from our online media collection. You can also visit our YouTube page for online tutorials. Here you’ll find videos on formatting your thesis and dissertations, logging in to Blackboard, and more.
- The Library offers print services: Print your documents from our printing center on the lower level. You can also add a professional touch to your posters and presentations with help from our Makerspace. There we can assist with your poster and 3D printing.
- Find a quiet place to study: Reserve a study room online. We also have locker space on a first come first served basis to store your things while studying.
For more info visit our website and connect with us on social media.