Whether you’re hitting the beach or staying local this spring break, the library has an extensive collection of movies, books, and board games to keep your entertained during your week off.
Here are some of our top picks to take with you this spring break:
- Wild Based on the best selling memoir by Cheryl Strayed, Academy Award winner Reese Witherspoon stars as a grieving woman who abruptly leaves her life behind to hike 1,100 miles of the Pacific Coast Trail on a journey of recovery.
- Spring Breakers Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, Vanessa Hudgens, and Rachel Korine star as four college students who are willing to do just about anything to have the spring break of their dreams. They soon find themselves in for more than they bargained for after they rob a restaurant and meet an eccentric drug dealer played by James Franco.
- Lion Nominated for six Academy Awards in 2017 and based on a true story, Dev Patel plays a determined man on a journey to find his family and return to his home of India, 25 years after he was separated from them and his home country.
- Eat, Pray, Love Based on the best selling memoir by Elizabeth Gilbert, Julia Roberts plays a woman who goes on a journey of self-discovery through Italy, India, and Bali to find herself after a failed relationship. You can also check out the book that inspired the movie at the AU library as well.
- The Graduate Considered one of the American Film Institute’s Top 100 films of all time, Dustin Hoffman stars as a lost college graduate who finds himself being seduced by an older woman. Things become even more complicated when he falls in love with her daughter.
- Dope In this coming-of-age story, high school seniors Malcolm, Jib, and Diggy are just trying to make it through high school in their tough neighborhood outside of Los Angeles. Before they head to college and start their lives, a chance party invitation leads them on an adventure and has the potential to change everything.
The library has both classic and unique board games to keep you entertained this week:
- Scrabble Try to earn the most points to win by using letter tiles to form words in a crossword style.
- Twister Spin the color wheel to see where your arms and legs will have to twist and land on the mat.
- Monopoly Try to outsmart your opponents by buying the most properties and charging them rent.
- Mancala Players “sow” and “capture” seeds in this ancient game of strategy.
- Hollywood Domino Make your own movie, walk the red carpet, and try to finish filming under budget with the lowest score to win.
- Verdict Conduct a realistic criminal court trial based on evidence in this game.
Follow us on Pinterest to check out more Spring Break titles in our collection!