The Peace Corps Community Archives (PCCA) actively collects materials from former Peace Corps volunteers.  If you are interested in donating, please read our information below.

What does PCCA accept?

  • Materials created and acquired by Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) during their service such as correspondence, diaries, film, photographs, reports, scrapbooks, and sound recordings (no limitations on format, date of service, or country)
  • Organizational records of National Peace Corp Association member groups
  • Oral histories and memoirs of RPCVs and host country nationals (Published materials will be added to American University Library’s circulating collection.)

What does PCCA not accept?

  • Three dimensional artifacts
  • Photocopies of materials
  • Peace Corps publications not relevant to the country where you served
  • Published materials about the Peace Corps in general
  • Videos and other media about the Peace Corps in general

How do I donate to PCCA?

  • Please send donation inquiries to
  • Please secure permission from the University Archivist before submitting any materials.
  • The physical transfer of collections can be done in person or by mail.  Digital materials should be sent on CD-RW or USB Flash Drive.  Inquiries are welcome about alternate methods. When copying your files, please ensure that materials you are submitting to PCCA are not read only so we can ensure their long term preservation.
  • As part of the donation process, American University requires a deed of gift or copyright license agreement. These documents formalize the transfer of ownership and copyright for collections.  The Society of American Archivists has a helpful brochure that explains the purpose of the deed of gift.

If you would like additional information about donating materials to PCCA, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page