We’re very proud of the services and equipment available at the New Media Center; our training sessions and studio spaces had great attendance last year, and users are walking away with finished projects and greater knowledge of multimedia software. We’re always very happy when we see other universities and libraries offering these services too.
Color us excited that now DC Public Library is getting into the game! Today, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library is opening the Digital Commons, a state-of-the-art multimedia lab available for all DC residents. The Digital Commons offers a plethora of services, including:
- Smart room meeting space for small businesses and independent groups
- Skype stations for videoconferencing
- Computers loaded with the Adobe Creative Suite
- A 3D printer and book printer for creative types (seriously!)
- Tutorial sessions on popular software and services
- A “Digital Bar” for test-driving the latest devices
We love to see these types of services available throughout the city. If you’re a recent alumnus who wants to continue using cutting-edge multimedia resources, the Digital Commons is a great new resource.